Have you ever scrolled through Instagram and wondered how to get a blue check on Instagram? Well, the power of a verified badge on Instagram is undeniable. You are no less than a celebrity with a blue check on your Instagram account, and if you are a celebrity already, this blue check will make sure people find your real account in the crowd of fake ones.
We understand how curious you can be to understand how to earn a blue check on your account on Instagram. Therefore, we decided to curate this article to answer your questions right from the experience of our tech gurus!
We will be covering various information about how to request a verification badge, eligibility criteria, what to expect, and more. When you reach the end of this post, you will have all the information about the verification process!
So, are you ready to explore and see if you stand a chance of getting verified on Instagram? Let’s jump into the details below!
Requirements For Getting Verified On Instagram
- Authentic: Your account should represent a real person and registered business or entity. Instagram will not verify bots or fake accounts.
- Unique: Your account should guarantee the unique presence of a person or business. Only a single account of one person can get verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts.
- Complete: Your account should be a public account with a profile picture and bio. You should remain active at the time of requesting a badge.
- Notable: Your account should represent a well-known public identity of business with non-sponsored content in relevant sources for review.
What To Keep In Mind While Requesting a Verified Badge On Instagram?
Getting a verification badge on Instagram is a complicated and time-consuming process. Remember to keep the following points in mind while requesting a verified badge on Instagram to avoid any complications.
- Passing the eligibility criteria for getting verified on Instagram does not guarantee verification.
- Do not apply multiple times for a verification badge before receiving any reply from Instagram, or your application might get canceled.
- Submitting multiple verified badge requests on Instagram would not get you a badge.
- You cannot change the username of your account after getting a verified badge.
- Instagram does now allow you to transfer the verified batch to any other account, even if the other account belongs to you.
- Any false or misleading information used during the verification process will result in the removal of the verified badge from your account and legal actions taken against you.
- A verified badge on your Instagram account will not get you verified on Facebook or any other social media platform.
How To Request a Verified Badge On Instagram?
Luckily, there is no rocket science in requesting a verified badge on Instagram. Instagram provides a straightforward option to request a verified badge.
To request a verified badge on Instagram, follow the steps below to request a verified badge on Instagram.
Step 1. Log in to your Instagram account.
Step 2. Click on your profile picture to go to your profile.
Step 3. A three horizontal line icon will appear, click on it and tap on settings.
Step 4. Click on the Account option, and now click on request verification.
Step 5. Provide an identification form with necessary documents (for example, business documents, government-issued photo ID, etc.) and follow the on-screen instructions.
What To Expect After Applying For a Verified Badge On Instagram?
After requesting an Instagram verification badge, you will receive a notification within 30 days of the activity. You can tap on the heart icon on the top right to see the notification from Instagram to know whether or not your request has been accepted.
Be careful after getting your verification badge as you might get it removed from your Instagram account if you:
- Sell, advertise or transfer your verified badge to another account.
- Switch your accounts multiple times from public to private.
- Use a third party to verify your account.
Remember to send a verification badge request again after 30 days if it gets denied. Avoid sending multiple times before 30 days or before receiving a notification from Instagram, or you might face the consequences.
Be known enough to get recognized by people as a celebrity and have an optimized profile with a relevant bio and profile picture. Instagram reviews accounts and strictly avoids paid content as a source of review.
We hope the above article helped you figure out how to get a verified badge on Instagram. Let us know your thoughts about the blue check on Instagram in the comments below.
We hope our article helped you understand how to get a blue check on Instagram. Did you find the article above useful? Let us know in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Question:
No, you will not automatically get a verified badge on Instagram if your account is verified on Facebook. However, you can link your Instagram profile from your verified Facebook page to allow Instagram to know you are authentic.
Instagram does not request payments for verification. Beware of frauds asking you to pay money to get verified on Instagram.
Getting verified on Instagram has many pros, some of which are pointed out below.
After being recognized on Instagram with a verified badge, you can earn people’s trust.
Your account becomes easier to notice and more recognizable.
Your account might get access to the newly introduced Instagram features.
You can gain followers drastically and get better engagement on posts.
You attract sponsors and earn better through Instagram business.