Have you ever scrolled through Instagram and wondered how to get a blue check on Instagram? Well, the power of a verified badge on Instagram is undeniable. You are no less than a celebrity with a blue check on your Instagram account, and if you are a celebrity already, this blue check will make sure people find your real account in the crowd of fake ones.
We understand how curious you can be to understand how to earn a blue check on your account on Instagram. Therefore, we decided to curate this article to answer your questions right from the experience of our tech gurus!
We will cover various information about requesting a verification badge, eligibility criteria, what to expect, and more. When you reach the end of this post, you will have all the information about the verification process!
Are you ready to explore and see if you can get verified on Instagram? Let’s jump into the details below!
- 1 What is a Verified Badge on Instagram?
- 2 What To Keep In Mind While Requesting a Verified Badge On Instagram?
- 3 What To Expect After Applying For a Verified Badge On Instagram?
- 4 Can you lose your blue checkmark?
- 5 Summing Up!
What is a Verified Badge on Instagram?
A Verified Badge on Instagram is a blue badge next to an account name in the search and on the profile. It indicates that Instagram has confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity, or global brand it represents.
This means that when someone searches for a verified account, they can be sure they see accurate information from an authentic source. To get a verified badge, you must submit a request to Instagram and provide proof that you can receive one.
Is getting Instagram verified worth it?
Getting Instagram verified it is a great way to prove your authenticity as a person or business. It’s much easier for people to trust and take you seriously when you have the blue checkmark next to your account name.
The blue badge also shows that you are a public figure and important enough to be verified. These tips can help you get the coveted Instagram verified badge, such as being an active user, using hashtags wisely, linking other social media accounts, and creating unique content.
Getting an Instagram-verified badge is worth standing out and building trust with more people.
Requirements For Getting Verified On Instagram
- Authentic: Your account should represent a real person, registered business, or entity. Instagram will not verify bots or fake accounts.
- Unique: Your account should guarantee a person’s or business’s unique presence. Only a single account of one person can get verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts.
- Complete: Your account should be public with a profile picture and bio. It would be best if you remained active when requesting a badge.
- Notable: Your account should represent a well-known public identity of business with non-sponsored content in relevant sources for review.
What To Keep In Mind While Requesting a Verified Badge On Instagram?
Getting a verification badge on Instagram is a complicated and time-consuming process. Remember to remember the following points while requesting a verified badge on Instagram to avoid complications.
- Passing the eligibility criteria for getting verified on Instagram does not guarantee verification.
- Only apply for a verification badge after receiving a reply from Instagram, or your application might get canceled.
- Submitting multiple verified badge requests on Instagram would not get you a badge.
- You cannot change your account username after getting a verified badge.
- Instagram now allows you to transfer the verified batch to any other account, even if the other account belongs to you.
- Any false or misleading information used during the verification process will result in the removal of the verified badge from your account and legal actions taken against you.
- A verified badge on your Instagram account will not get you verified on Facebook or any other social media platform. How To
Request a Verified Badge On Instagram?
Luckily, there is no rocket science in requesting a verified badge on Instagram. Instead, Instagram provides a straightforward option to request a verified badge.
To request a verified badge on Instagram, follow the steps below to request a verified badge on Instagram.
Step 1. Log in to your Instagram account.
Step 2. Click on your profile picture to go to your profile.
Step 3. A three-horizontal line icon will appear, click on it and tap on settings.
Step 4. Click on the Account option, and now click on request verification.
Step 5. Provide an identification form with necessary documents (business documents, government-issued photo ID, etc.) and follow the on-screen instructions.
What To Expect After Applying For a Verified Badge On Instagram?
After requesting an Instagram verification badge, you will receive a notification within 30 days of the activity. In addition, you can tap on the heart icon on the top right to see the Instagram notification to know whether your request has been accepted.
Be careful after getting your verification badge, as you might get it removed from your Instagram account if you:
- Sell, advertise, or transfer your verified badge to another account.
- Switch your accounts multiple times from public to private.
- Use a third party to verify your account.
If it gets denied, remember to send a verification badge request again after 30 days. Avoid sending multiple times 30 days or before receiving a notification from Instagram, or you might face the consequences.
Can you lose your blue checkmark?
Yes, you can lose your blue checkmark. Blue checkmarks are awarded to verified accounts on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram.
When an account is verified, the platform has confirmed that the account is authentic and represents a real person or organization.
Losing a blue checkmark may happen for several reasons, such as violating the platform’s terms of service or being inactive for too long. It could also be because the platform re-evaluates who receives verification status. Verified accounts will receive a notification if they risk losing their blue checkmark, so they can take action to keep it.
To sum it up, log in to your Instagram account, click on activity from settings now, click on request verification, and provide your full name with the documents requested. You will get a notification from Instagram within 30 days.
Instagram reviews accounts and strictly avoids paid content as a source of review. We hope the above article helped you figure out how to get a verified badge on Instagram. In the comments below, let us know your thoughts about the blue check on Instagram.
Our article helped you understand how to get a blue check on Instagram. Did you find the article above useful? Let us know in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions:
No, you will not automatically get a verified badge on Instagram if your account is verified on Facebook. However, you can link your Instagram profile from your verified Facebook page to allow Instagram to know you are authentic.
Instagram does not request payments for verification but is aware of frauds asking you to pay money to get verified on Instagram.
- Getting verified on Instagram has many pros, some noted below.
- After being recognized on Instagram with a verified badge, you can earn people’s trust.
- Your account becomes easier to notice and more recognizable.
- Your account might get access to the newly introduced Instagram features.
- You can gain followers drastically and get better engagement on posts.
- You attract sponsors and earn better through Instagram business.
Can a normal person or non-celeb get verified on Instagram?
Yes, a normal person or non-celeb can get verified on Instagram. Verification is given to public-interest accounts, such as celebrities, public figures, global brands, and media outlets. Verification involves submitting an application and providing evidence that the account is legitimate and worthy of verification.
This includes providing information about the account holder’s identity, public profile, and other relevant details. After completing this process, Instagram will review the application and decide whether it should be verified.
As our Content Writer, Conway is responsible for Writing the content for our blog. With a degree in Mass Communications, they bring a unique perspective to our team and are dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals.
Leave a Reply