Being a part of this Gen Z era comes with its own drawbacks. You want to be a socialite and, at the same time, want ultimate privacy. The problem is how to hide followers on Instagram?
So, I have come up with some ways to do that quickly (nothing illegal, though). You can remove or block the user or change your privacy settings.
This article will guide you through all the methods to hide followers on Instagram in legitimate ways!
Ways To Hide Your Followers On Instagram
There is no setting on Instagram to hide your followers directly. However, there are ways to do so for some users, if not for everyone. These ways are super easy, and I will give you a step-by-step guide to each of them.
If you have a private account, most of your concerns will automatically be sorted, but if it is public, make sure you adjust the settings.
1. Adjust Privacy Settings
If you want to restrict your followers list to your followers only, you can set your account as private. This way, no other person who is not following you won’t be able to see your followers.
You can do this in the few simple steps mentioned here:
- Go to the profile section at the bottom-right edge of Instagram.
- Then, click on the three horizontal lines appearing at the top-right, and then choose settings.
- Within the Settings and Privacy menu, go to the Account Privacy section.
- Then, move the slider to the right.
- Then, a pop-up will appear if you want to switch to a private account.
- Confirm it after clicking on the ‘Switch to Private’ tab, and you are done.
2. Remove User from your followers list
If you are targeting a particular user to hide your followers from, then you need something more than just a private account. Let’s see how you can do it:
- Go to the profile section and open your follower list.
- Then, find the user’s profile you want to hide your list from.
- Next, click on the remove button that will appear right next to the person’s username.
- Confirm your action by tapping on ‘Remove follower’.
By following the above steps, you can easily remove the user from your follower list. Nonetheless, your page will still be visible to them if they search for it. They will just lose access to your posts, stories, and your followers and following list.
3. Restrict/Block User’s Account
If you are a social bee and don’t want to cut off your online presence, then you have just one way left to hide your followers. It is, of course, applicable only to certain users who are poking a bit more into your privacy.
Blocking or restricting the user’s account is the most common and easy way to take away all access from them. Still, I will explain to you how to do it effortlessly.
- Go to the profile of the user you want to block.
- Click on the three dots that appear in the top-right corner.
- Then, tap on the block button, and your job is done.
This way, with just a click, you can block all of the similar accounts of that person right away!
How Restricting Works on Instagram?
If you restrict someone on Instagram, they will not have access to your Instagram page. Also, they will lose access to your online status and message updates.
This is cool, right? Instagram doesn’t send any updates if you restrict someone on Instagram.
But there are certain indicators, like that they won’t be able to see your activity status, and if they check your posts from some other account, their comments will not be visible.
Understanding Instagram Privacy Settings
Before you switch to a private account, you must first understand how Instagram takes care of your privacy. Although the new updates are a bit too much, there are settings in place that can help you with your private space.
If you want to keep your stories to yourself, there is an option to disable sharing access to your stories. This way, no one will be able to share your story with someone who’s not on your follower list. In addition, the close friends list also lets you adjust your privacy as per your requirements.
Next, if you are removing someone from your follower list or blocking them, there are chances that the other person might hack your account (some people enjoy this!). But you don’t need to worry as long as you use multi-factor authentication on Instagram.
Hence, there is a lot to discuss about Instagram’s privacy features, but I will keep my analysis restricted to here only. Furthermore, there are some tips that you can use to maintain privacy on Instagram.
Tips for Maintaining Privacy on Instagram
Instagram allows you to do much more than just hide your followers. Therefore, I have compiled some top ways to maintain your privacy without worrying about bullies or hackers.
- You can disable your activity status if you don’t want anyone to break into your privacy. By doing this, your online status will not be visible to others.
- Disable the tagging option if you don’t want any mention by others in any comment or post.
- Always pick a strong password that can’t be decided by hackers.
- Regular checking of Instagram data will let you know about the accounts you have interacted with and all your activity status.
These tips will be helpful if you want no one to poke into your account or followers list specifically. I have tested them, and they all work very well!
- Most like post on Instagram
- Understanding why Instagram notes are missing
- How Much Does Instagram Pay For 1k Followers
Instagram privacy settings are useful to protect yourself from any mishap. But there is no direct option to hide your followers on Instagram. To cover that issue, you will need to make your account private.
On the other hand, if you want to put yourself out on Instagram, you just have to remove or restrict a particular user to make your life a breeze.
These are the only proven and authentic ways to do so. Also, I will advise you not to fall into the trap of third-party apps, as they do not work, and Instagram strictly prohibits using third-party applications. You may end up risking your account.