5 Tips On Getting More Facebook Likes
Even though Google has recently launched their answer to Facebook with Google+, we all know that it will take a lot to get our attention off the social media giant that is Facebook. And with that attention goes advertising dollars, development and social media integration. With that in mind I thought I would share some tips I got from a recent blog post on HubSpot. Drew Fortin gives us 7 steps but here are the best 5:
- Offer a Custom Welcome Page – Instead of having users that haven’t Liked your page yet land on your wall, have them land on a welcome page that speaks to someone who is visiting your page for the first time.
- Offer Them an Incentive – The old saying about “What’s In It For Me?” comes to mind with this tip. If you want someone to either interact, pay attention or Like your page give them a reason.
- You Don’t Get What You Don’t Ask For – This is good old marketing know-how. If you don’t ask for the sale, the Like, the comment, you won’t get it. Make sure there is a clear call to action. Decide what you want someone to do when they’re on your page and design it with that in mind.
- Make It Interactive – With social media you can make your advertising efforts a two way effort. You can interact with your audience and gain insight into what they want out of your product.
- Give Them All the Info – The best part of social media is that you’re connecting with people one-on-one. So don’t just give the information you would in a brochure or a 30 second commercial. Don’t just sell them your product. Tell them about what makes your company unique…the people.
You can read the entire post including screenshots with examples of each at HubSpot.