Who’s Listening To Your Online Voice?
By now most businesses are convinced that social media can longer be seen as a teenager driven fad. Not only are businesses convinced, most are in some way participating with a Facebook page, Twitter profile, LinkedIn page, etc. So everyone is out there, posting links, status updates, Tweeting, sharing, liking, etc. however, is it bringing in business? Are you getting more sales with your social media efforts? Has your brand shown growth from your participation?
If you’re sitting there wondering or worse yet, thinking “no it hasn’t”, maybe it’s because you’re not giving people what they want. The old saying of “what’s in it for me?” comes to mind. Unless people have something to gain from listening to you, you’ll be tuned out.
In a recent post on SocialMediaToday, 8 Things You Must Know About Your Audience to Inspire & Connect In Social Media, Pam Moore helps us determine what to say so that our voice can be heard. Pam poses these questions (read her article in full for details on each of these questions):
- Who is your audience?
- What are their pain points?
- What does your product or service do to minimize or mitigate their pain?
- How can your product or service inspire and help them personally and professionally?
- How is your product or service positioned?
- What is your zoom factor?
- What is your competition up to?
- What’s your audience up to both online and offline?