What Makes A Strong Social Media Strategist? [Infographic]
As more and more companies integrate social media strategies into their business plan, they need to staff accordingly. What makes someone a good social media strategist? According to Bell Canada’s Associate Director of Marketing, Bilal Jaffery, “The best social media strategist is focused on the translating business objectives into socially adept interactions and not focused on it solely as a media channel.”
- 64% of Social Media Strategists listed on LinkedIn are Male.
- Current strategists average around 3 years of social media experience.
- 100% of Social Media Strategists on LinkedIn have a Twitter account.
- 48% of strategists listed “Creative ROI Measurements” as their top internal objective for corporate social strategy.
- 40% of Social Media Strategists use “Website Traffic” as their top measurement tool for corporate social media strategy.
- 58% of Social Media Strategists say that having a wide range of abilities and being flexible make them successful at their job.
In closing Social Media Strategists are needed in every industry to plan and maintain social media strategies. This study has presented some great information on trends amongst strategists, but the responsibilities will be different depending on the industry or company.
Are there any characteristics that were not listed in the study that you find extremely important for a Social Media Strategist to possess?