To Be or Not To Be Mobile
That really is a no-brainer at this point. The stats continue to show that if you have an online presence, you must have a mobile solution. Whether you have an ecommerce site, just a presence for your local storefront, or generating traffic for advertising purposes it doesn’t matter, the business need is there.
Take a look at some stats from Google’s Think Mobile presentations.
- 1 in 3 mobile searches is local
- 61% of users called the business and 59% visited, after looking up a local business on their smart phone
- 79% of smart phone Internet users use their smart phones to help with shopping
- 74% have purchased as a result of using their smart phone while shopping
And what should get anyone’s attention:
- By end of 2011 over half of Americans will have a smart phone.
Also, a recent study done by Dan Zarellashows that 33% of Facebook posting is now mobile. And since many of us share actual content on Facebook, it’s likely that we’ll be linking to an article or website while we’re on a mobile device.
All you have to do is decide on whether you need a mobile enabled website or an actual app for your visitors. Jolie O’Dell from Mashable shared some insight when you’re questioning your mobile direction. A big factor is of course cost and the type of product you’re presenting online.
So now that we’ve all agreed, mobile is the way…which way will go?