Social Media Resources for Non-Profits
Most of us are caring professionals who are passionate about what’s happening in our communities and the wide world around us. This means that most of us support at least one charity or non-profit that is close to our hearts. The way these groups raise money and awareness is changing rapidly with the implementation of the social web. Below are some great resources for anyone involved in helping bring a non-profit up-to-date with the digital world.
I hope you share these social media resources with at least one non-profit, whether it’s the director of the rehabilitation home where you volunteer or the college pal who organizes the local food bank.
- 10 Ways Non-Profits Can Benefit From Social Media –Jason Miller, on Social Media Examiner, shares actionable tips for taking advantage of the no- or low-cost entry point for social platforms. Tips range from finding tools for organizing and monitoring conversations to turning Facebook into a fundraising hub.
- Social Media Best Practices for Non-Profit & Public Sector Organizations – Wild Apricot’s Jay Moonah’s Slideshare presentation offers tips as well as case studies highlighting how groups have used social media to grow membership, boost event participation, and raise funds.
- 4 Ways Social Media is Changing the Non-Profit World – Beth Kanter, on Mashable, breaks down how social media changes non-profits and the relationships they build with constituents. This is a brief overview that might be useful for group officers or execs who are still trying to figure out if social media can work within their mission.
- Non-Profit LinkedIn Learning Center – This guide provides tips and how-to’s for leveraging LinkedIn to stay updated on non-profit news, connect with experts, and make connections.
- 26 Charities and Non-Profits on Twitter –This piece from Mashable’s Lon S. Cohen is a couple of years old, but it provides a good set of examples non-profits can look to for ideas and inspiration.
Go forth! Share these resources with a non-profit professional you know or love.