Got 11 Hours to Spare?
Got 11 Hrs to Spare? Save Time by Outsourcing Social Media
Whether you run a busy medical practice or manage marketing for a multi-national corporation, you’re busy. Seriously busy. So where will you find the time to develop, implement, and manage a social media strategy that delivers results? It does take time. According to a business survey by Social Media Examiner, 30% of respondents spend at least 11 hours a week on social media.
But setting up a Facebook page really doesn’t take that much time, does it? No, but there’s so much more to using social media to build consumer awareness and manage online reputation than posting a profile over your lunch break. Here’s just a brief to-do list for a simple social media strategy:
- Develop a strategy aligned with larger brand goals
- Use social media monitoring and online listening tools for critical keywords, such as brand name, product lines, and key staff
- Interact with customers who directly contact you on social sites by posting on walls, tweeting questions, etc.
- Respond to comments on sites where you may not have a presence, such as consumer review sites
- Use social media to send out info regarding discounts, specials, and news
- Regularly assess the social media strategy and make necessary adjustments
Those are just the basics, too. More advanced strategies might include efforts such as customer and/or employee engagement programs or competitive intelligence.
And of course, before you and your team even start adding social media to your roster of customer-building tools, you’ll need to learn all about it. Even if you’re a digital native, you may still find yourself befuddled by blogrolls or stumped by StumbleUpon. It takes time to learn the in’s and out’s—time most professionals just can’t spare.
So where are your 11 hours (or more!) each week going to come from? Don’t despair. You can execute a social media strategy that works without adding extensive hours to your already-packed day. The professionals at Social Strategy1 live and breathe on the web so you don’t have to. Our social media analysts partner with you to develop and implement a strategy designed to build awareness, monitor chatter, share information, and engage customers. Contact the experts at Social Strategy1 for a risk-free assessment today.