Effective Business Blogging Takes Time: 6 Tips For Shaving Hours Off Of The Process
You already know that business blogging is important. That’s not the issue. The issue is finding the time to keep up with your blog regularly. Your schedule is already full, and now you have to devote hours to dreaming up topics, writing compelling entries and making sure you stay relevant and fresh in readers’ minds.
Here are 6 ways you can streamline business blogging and make it work for you — instead of you working for the blog.
- Create an editorial calendar. Yes, you’re already crunched for time. But how many times have you taken hours to write a blog post — or even missed a post — because you couldn’t think of a topic? Take a little time to brainstorm ideas and make a schedule.
- Write shorter entries. Your readers are as crunched for time as you are. They’ll appreciate short and sweet entries. If your post is too involved for one short piece, break it up into parts. This will keep the entries short and solve the issue of what to write about next.
- Get employees to contribute. Having everyone chip in one or two posts a month can lighten your load, and readers will benefit from a variety of voices. Make sure to approve topics in advance, however.
- Start a backlog of content. If you find an extra half hour or need a break from your current task, write a quick post that’s not time-sensitive. You can have employees do the same thing. Before you know it, you’ll have a healthy backlog of business blogging entries to use during dry spells.
- Feature guest contributors. Your business blogging network includes more people than your employees. Inviting a thought-provoking guest to contribute can be a mutually beneficial arrangement. Your guest reaches your audience, and your blog can come to the attention of theirs. Links between your two websites can strengthen the ties further.
- Last but not least… Remember that when it comes to business blogging, you don’t have to be brilliant. The key is to stay consistent and relevant. Just share what you know, what you’re learning or what you’re developing, and your blog will appeal.
The most important things to focus on with business blogging is longevity and consistency. You must be able to structure your process so you are able to regularly post, and do so over an extended period of time. These time-saving business blogging techniques will help make that process so efficient that your business’ blog will run smoothly and successfully.