Do Your Tweets Pass the Test?
Type in the name of a person or a brand into Google and you may notice a Twitter profile pop up in the first few search results. That’s increasingly the case as search engines incorporate social signals into their results. So it’s more important than ever to make sure brand Tweets are making a good impression.
“Twitter is like a real-time resume,” writes digital marketing expert Mitch Joel. So to help us ensure our messages are putting their best faces forward, he shares his Twitter Test, and we’ve made some enhancements. Try it now – start by reviewing your recent Tweets and really thinking about them in context.
- Head over to www.twitter.com/[insert your Twitter username here].
- Take a look at all of the tweets you’ve recently posted that appear on the entire first page.
- Look, read and think about all of them.
- How interesting (overall) is the conversation and engagement taking place?
- How interesting is the content I’m publishing and sharing?
- How do your Tweets stack up?
- Would you want to start up a conversation based on what you’ve read?
- Would you want to be their friend?
- And (based on copy from an Economist ad) “Would you want to sit next to you at dinner?”
Think long and hard about your Twitter strategy. Now, take a look at your competition. How did you rank? Any other questions you thought to ask yourself?