5 Successful Blogging Techniques Every Business Should Know About
When your customers visit your blog, they come for commentary, insight and information on your business or niche. In turn, you educate your readers about your industry and the ways your company can solve their problems within the context of that industry. As you create content to be distributed under your name and brand, you will benefit by using the following five blogging techniques.
- Take risks: Creative, compelling bloggers take risks with their content. They make bold claims and outrageous statements, then back them up with well-researched information and business insight. They take a chance on addressing a controversial subject or supporting an unpopular position. Your readers will know if you’re writing about something just to be provocative, but if you stay true to your nature and mission, they’ll be willing to follow you into unfamiliar territory.
- Watch trends: Look for trends and real-time developments in your industry and the world around you. Online news and entertainment outlets, other specialists’ blogs, and Google Trends can tell you what people are searching for and reading about right now. When you spot a popular topic, craft a blog post around it and describe how that topic relates to your business or industry.
- Interact: Provide an area or forum where readers can comment on your posts and pose questions directly to you. In return for their trust and engagement, respond to their comments and answer their questions promptly and courteously. Expect and welcome criticism; it will help you find out what you need to do better and will help you grow as a writer.
- Be personal: Readers respond to material that shows how a subject affected you, the blogger, on an individual level. This does not mean that your blog must be a confessional, but you should be willing to reveal something of your personality and background with your blogging techniques. If readers feel they know the real human being behind your business and blog, they will be more likely to react favorably.
- Build a list: Use your blog as a vehicle for building an exclusive mailing list of prequalified, interested customers and readers who have given you permission to contact them by e-mail, postal mail or other means. People on your mailing list want to hear from you, so repay their interest by offering additional content such as newsletters, exclusive discounts, contests, giveaways and other material they can’t get anywhere else.
Social Strategy1’s research and analysis services can help you discover what your customers want, so you can use the best available blogging techniques to meet their needs. Contact us today to find out how our social media monitoring services can bring your blog to the next level.