20% Say Facebook Influences Buying Decisions
Fans want deals from brands on Facebook. It’s conventional social media wisdom that just received more support from Kantar Media’s Compete Online Shopper Intelligence Survey.
Here are tidbits from the report:
- About 20% say a brand page on the social network has been “influential” or “extremely influential” in making a purchasing decision.
- About 25% visit a retailer’s Facebook page at least once a month.
- Nearly half of participants reported following at least 5 brands on the social network.
- 56% visit a brand page for sales and promotions.
- 29% visit to learn more about the business.
- 14% visit to connect with others who like the retailer.
Does your brand’s experience with Facebook align with these findings?
For a fuller assessment of the report, check out Marketing Pilgrim’s Cynthia Boris